|Monday, December 23, 2019|
|Tempe Chamber Announces Candidate Endorsements|
The Tempe Chamber of Commerce announced its endorsements for the upcoming Tempe City Council and Mayoral Elections earlier last week. The Tempe Chamber is endorsing Corey Woods for Mayor, and incumbents Randy Keating and Joel Navarro as well as political newcomer Doreen Garlid for City Council.
You can read more about the chamber's endorsements here, and if you are interested in attending the Emerging Issues Forum: Meet the Candidates in February, you can register here.
The Tempe Chamber office will be closed in observance of Christmas and New Years Day.
The office will be closed beginning at noon on Christmas Eve and will re-open Thursday, December 26th. The office will also be closed beginning at noon on New Years Eve and will re-open Thursday, January 2nd.
We wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
|EVCCA Announces 2020 Business Priorities|
The East Valley Chamber of Commerce Alliance (EVCCA) has recently announced their Business Priorities for the 2020 Legislative Session.
The EVCCA represents over 5,000 local businesses and seven local chambers, the Tempe Chamber of Commerce being one of them, with the purpose of providing coordination in the advancement of common business interests in the region. To view the EVCCA's 2020 Business Priorities focused on areas such as employer rights, election reform, and education click here.
|Military Affairs Committee Offers New Scholarship|
The Tempe Chamber Military Affairs Committee (MAC) is proud to announce the Merle Fister Veteran Scholarship awarding $1,000.00 in education assistance for a deserving US Military Veteran within the city of Tempe. This scholarship was created through a generous endowment from the Merle Fister Estate. Mr. Fister was a veteran, community leader and MAC committee member.
The scholarship recipient will be announced by February 15, 2020 and will be recognized at the Red, White, and Blue Awards Ceremony on March 11, 2020.
|Breakfast with Governor Doug Ducey|
The East Valley Chambers of Commerce Alliance and East Valley Partnership are pleased to present this distinguished annual event in the days following the Governor's State of the State address.
Registration closes January 2nd. Click here to register today!
|Meet our Speaker Adam Lee Brooks|
Speaker, author, and consultant, Adam Lee Brooks will be presenting the fourth and final week of the Leadership Speaker Series on February 14, 2020 at Alamo Drafthouse Cinema.
Adam is passionate about helping companies and nonprofits create a healthier work environment by using cutting edge research to train and develop any staff, and is the bestselling author of, “Understanding Millennials” and “The Social Media Handbook.”
Learn more about Adam, and register today to get 20% off the purchase of the full four-week series!
|Host a Student-Intern This Summer!|
Career Ready Tempe, a youth-workforce pilot program, is now accepting business applications. This year, the program will focus on providing internships in the Advance Business Services, Advanced Manufacturing, and Bio Science sectors.
If your business is interested in helping develop the youth-talent pipeline in the City of Tempe, click here to apply.
Attention members, friends, fans, family, and everyone in between! From now until the end of the year, we have an incredible opportunity for you to purchase apparel and merchandise from Excelerate America while supporting Tempe’s local business community.
100% of the proceeds will come back to the Tempe Chamber when you use the code: TempeGiving at checkout!
|Luke Air Force Base Tour - Only A Few Spots Left|
On January 30, 2020, the Tempe Chamber of Commerce's Military Affairs Committee (MAC) is hosting a half-day trip to tour and have lunch at Luke Air Force Base. Take advantage of this one-of-a-kind opportunity to get an inside look at one of America’s most revered active duty training bases.
Registration will close on Wednesday January 8th and we only have a few spots left. Click here to register today.
|Temporary Schedule in Effect for Valley Metro Rail|
From Dec. 21, 2019 through Jan. 5, 2020, all light rail trains are estimated to arrive at platforms every 24 minutes during the entire service day. Typically, light rail service operates every 12 minutes on weekdays during peak hours, so riders will need to plan ahead to ensure timely arrival at their destinations.
View the schedule that will be in effect during the two-week period here.
|It's Snowing at Tempe Marketplace!|
|Ella Enchanted: The Musical|
Now until December 29, 2019
Learn more about the musical, performance dates, and registration.
|Night of the Three Kings / Noche de Reyes Magos|
January 4, 2020 from 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Learn more about this fun event for the whole family.
Now through January 5, 2020
Click here to learn what this light show is all about.
January 7, 2020 from 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
for this free forum hosted by Downtown Tempe Authority and hear from all Tempe Mayoral and Council candidates.
|Desert Vista Basketball Cheer Clinic|
January 11, 2020 from 12 pm - 4 pm
Now through January 19, 2020 from 5:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Learn more about the sparkling lights and how you can purchase tickets to see the dazzling displays.
|Help TCH Earn Dollars by Volunteering!|
Now through January 31, 2020
Learn more about how to submit your pet and find out what you could win.
Metromile is hiring for a Claims Administrative Support Specialist at their Tempe office, located on Fountainhead Parkway.
Carvana has multiple job opportunities at their Tempe location, located on Rio Salado Parkway.
January 4, 2020 beginning at 9 am
Register for one of the most difficult mountain bike events in Tempe.
CONSTRUCTION UPDATE WEEK OF December 23, 2019
Please Note: No construction update will be provided the week of December 23 due to the holiday. Have a wonderful week everyone!
- [NEW]Ash Avenue/Rio Salado Parkway intersection: Road widening efforts are ongoing at the Ash Avenue/Rio Salado Parkway intersectiom. The intersection will be closed from January 20 – February 26 while crews construct the roundabout. Click here for more details.
- Apache Blvd from Gammage Curve to Rural Road: Landscaping and electrical upgrades. Traffic will be maintained in both directions. Expect sidewalk/crosswalk detours.
- Apache Blvd east of Rural Road: Track installation and OCS foundation work continues. Traffic maintained in both directions. Expect turn restrictions and possible sidewalk/crosswalk detours.
- Ash Avenue/University Drive intersection: Electrical installation work will continue in and around the Ash/University intersection. Due to weather delays, intermittent turn restrictions have been extended until 12/27. Click here for more details.
- Mill Avenue/Rio Salado Intersection Phase 3 work: Crews will work overnight to install the second leg of track in the intersection from December 26 – January 17. Left turns will be restricted as well as southbound Mill Avenue and eastbound Rio Salado through traffic. Click here for more details.
- Installing streetcar tracks across light rail tracks: Starting Dec. 8, crews will work overnight only to prep the work zone. Starting Dec. 20, crews will work 24/7. Ash Avenue will be closed to through traffic at the light rail tracks from Dec. 21 – 27. Starting Dec. 27, 3rd Street/Ash Avenue and 3rd Street/Mill Avenue will experience intermittent left turn restrictions. Click here for more details.
|Thank you to our Community Champions|
Tempe Chamber of Commerce
1232 E. Broadway Rd. Suite #211
Tempe, AZ 85282