|Tuesday, December 17, 2019|
On January 30, 2020, the Tempe Chamber of Commerce's Military Affairs Committee (MAC) is hosting a half-day trip to tour and have lunch at Luke Air Force Base. Take advantage of this one-of-a-kind opportunity to get an inside look at one of America’s most revered active duty training bases.
Registration will close on Wednesday January 8th and we only have a few spots left. Click here to register today.
The Tempe Chamber office will be closed in observance of Christmas and New Years Day.
The office will be closed beginning at noon on Christmas Eve and will re-open Thursday, December 26th. The office will also be closed beginning at noon on New Years Eve and will re-open Thursday, January 2nd.
We wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
|Breakfast with Governor Doug Ducey|
The East Valley Chambers of Commerce Alliance and East Valley Partnership are pleased to present this distinguished annual event in the days following the Governor's State of the State address.
Registration closes January 2nd. Click here to register today!
|Meet our Speaker Joan Jakel|
With over 20 years experience as an adviser, coach, and counselor, Joan Jakel will be presenting the third week of the Leadership Speaker Series on February 7, 2020 at Alamo Drafthouse Cinema.
Joan has designed a unique blend of coaching programs, workshops, and retreats that helps people uncover what is truly important to them, to release what isn’t serving them, and to develop an empowering belief system and supportive mindset.
Learn more about Joan, and register today to get 20% off the purchase of the full four-week series!
|Host a Student-Intern This Summer!|
Career Ready Tempe, a youth-workforce pilot program, is now accepting business applications. This year, the program will focus on providing internships in the Advance Business Services, Advanced Manufacturing, and Bio Science sectors.
|It's Not Too Late to Sign Up!|
With the holiday shopping season around the corner, the Tempe Chamber of Commerce and Hownd are teaming up to invite you to participate in the “Hownd for the Holidays” campaign.
You can sign up for Hownd’s zero-risk Starter Plan or, through your Tempe Chamber membership, you can also receive a 10% discount on the Essentials or Plus plans. Sign up today!
|100% of the Proceeds Come Back to the Tempe Chamber!|
Attention members, friends, fans, family, and everyone in between! From now until the end of the year, we have an incredible opportunity for you to purchase apparel and merchandise from Excelerate America while supporting Tempe’s local business community.
100% of the proceeds will come back to the Tempe Chamber when you use the code: TempeGiving at checkout!
We encourage you all to share this exciting opportunity and help give back to the community!
|Learn More About Your Affordable Healthcare Options|
A recent partnership between the Tempe Chamber and Lifestyle Health Plans allows us to provide level-funded, affordable, healthcare to our members who want to provide health insurance benefits to their employees.
With premium savings of 15% or more, we encourage employers to contact Erika Acorn for more information on how they can sign up today.
|Temporary Schedule in Effect for Valley Metro Rail|
From Dec. 21, 2019 through Jan. 5, 2020, all light rail trains are estimated to arrive at platforms every 24 minutes during the entire service day. Typically, light rail service operates every 12 minutes on weekdays during peak hours, so riders will need to plan ahead to ensure timely arrival at their destinations.
View the schedule that will be in effect during the two-week period here.
|Pedal Haus Celebrates 4 Years with Ugly Sweater Party|
December 18, 2019 from 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm
|It's Snowing at Tempe Marketplace!|
|Ella Enchanted: The Musical|
Now until December 29, 2019
Learn more about the musical, performance dates, and registration.
December 21, 2019 from 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
|Night of the Three Kings / Noche de Reyes Magos|
January 4, 2020 from 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Learn more about this fun event for the whole family.
Now through January 5, 2020
Click here to learn what this light show is all about.
Now through January 19, 2020 from 5:30 pm - 10:30 pm
Learn more about the sparkling lights and how you can purchase tickets to see the dazzling displays.
Now through January 31, 2020
Learn more about how to submit your pet and find out what you could win.
Metromile is hiring for a Claims Administrative Support Specialist at their Tempe office, located on Fountainhead Parkway.
Carvana has multiple job opportunities at their Tempe location, located on Rio Salado Parkway.
CONSTRUCTION UPDATE WEEK OF December 16, 2019
- [UPDATE]Apache Blvd from Gammage Curve to Rural Road: Landscaping and electrical upgrades. Traffic will be maintained in both directions. Expect sidewalk/crosswalk detours.
- [UPDATE] Apache Blvd east of Rural Road: Track installation and OCS foundation work continues. Traffic maintained in both directions. Expect turn restrictions and possible sidewalk/crosswalk detours.
- Ash Avenue and Rio Salado Parkway intersection: Road widening efforts are ongoing at the Ash Avenue/Rio Salado Parkway intersection in preparation for roundabout construction in early 2020.
- [UPDATE]Ash Avenue/University Drive intersection: Electrical installation work will continue in and around the Ash/University intersection. Due to weather delays, intermittent turn restrictions have been extended until 12/27. Click here for more details.
- [UPDATE]Mill Avenue/Rio Salado Intersection Phase 3 work: Crews will work overnight to install the second leg of track in the intersection from December 26 – January 17. Left turns will be restricted as well as southbound Mill Avenue and eastbound Rio Salado through traffic. Click here for more details.
- Installing streetcar tracks across light rail tracks: Starting Dec. 8, crews will work overnight only to prep the work zone. Starting Dec. 20, crews will work 24/7. Ash Avenue will be closed to through traffic at the light rail tracks from Dec. 21 – 27. Starting Dec. 27, 3rd Street/Ash Avenue and 3rd Street/Mill Avenue will experience intermittent left turn restrictions. Click here for more details.
|Thank you to our Community Champions|
Tempe Chamber of Commerce
1232 E. Broadway Rd. Suite #211
Tempe, AZ 85282