|Tuesday, October 15, 2019|
|Registration Closes This Friday!|
On October 25th, the Tempe Chamber will host the 21st Annual State of the City Address featuring Mayor Mark Mitchell at the Marriott Buttes Resort.
Don’t wait to register or sponsor a table, registration closes Friday at 5 pm! As of this morning, only three tables are left. If your organization would like to sponsor a VIP table for 10 and increase your visibility, contact us today at 480-967-7891 or learn more on our tickets page.
|Two Weeks Left - Submit Your Mentoring Program Applications|
The Women in Business Council mentoring program applications are now available to any Tempe Chamber member. If you're interested in being a mentor or protege this year, please fill out the online applications below.
To learn more, you can download the Mentoring Program Overview which includes program benefits, the entire program schedule and sponsorship information. Applications must be submitted no later than October 31st. Any questions regarding the mentoring program can be directed to the Director of Marketing and Programs, Sukki Jahnke
|How to Prepare Your Website for Holiday Traffic|
If you have a brick-and-mortar location, chances are you're doing some sort of decorating for the holidays. Even if you don't celebrate, it's likely your customers do so in order to spread the holiday cheer you get festive.
|Interested Becoming a Veteran Supportive Employer?|
The Tempe Chamber Military Affairs Committee is proud to partner with the Arizona Coalition for Military Families to provide our members with FREE training on becoming an Arizona Veteran Supportive Employer.
This training will take place Wednesday, December 4 from 8 am - 12 pm.
Are you following the Tempe Chamber on Instagram? In partnership with ASU Gammage, we are giving away one free pair of tickets to see Blue Man Group next month, right here in Tempe! To see official rules, go to our Instagram page (tempechamber) and find the image that looks similar to the one above! Hurry! This giveaway ends Wednesday, October 16th at 11:59 pm!
|Annual Benefit BBQ Lunch and Shred-a-thon (ton?)|
|Wild Science Academy Hosting Two Events This Week|
Beginning Saturday, October 19, Hacks for Humanity, sponsored by Project Humanities at Arizona State University, is a 36-hour hackathon for the social good, challenging participants to create technologies to address local and global issues.
This annual event draws some 150-200 students, faculty, staff and community members, each with their individual talents and backgrounds of expertise. Register today!
|It's a Renovation Celebration!|
October 25th from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm celebrate the new renovation of Holiday Inn Express and Suites!
1520 W Baseline Rd Tempe, AZ
- Every person to attend will receive a free night stay gift certificate!
- Prize give away includes a 50" TV!
- Light food and refreshments will be provided!
|Howl-O-Ween on October 25th|
Trick… or treat? A spooky event for all ages! Howl-O-Ween includes activities and experiences for the whole family.
Looking for scary tricks? SCARY activities are for guests ages 8 and older who like a good scare! Sweet treats more your style? MERRY activities are appropriate for all ages. For more information, click here.
|VICINITY Tempe Charity Gala & Silent Auction|
One of Tempe's most unique and nostalgic venues, join Tempe Community Action Agency on October 25th, and mingle the evening away under the stars at the iconic Big Surf Waterpark.
The evening festivities will feature a variety of small plate appetizers from ten area restaurants and caterers, local beer and wine, live music from local fave Walt Richardson, and a fabulous silent auction. Register here.
|"i Run 4 Good" Benefiting UNITED FOOD BANK|
iRun4Good’s 2019 event will benefit United Food Bank, a community partner that is dedicated to feeding Arizonans in need. This is a great opportunity to rally for the good of the community and raise awareness while having fun and making a positive difference in Gilbert and East Valley communities. Register here!
|Halloween Stroll and Costume Contest|
Bring your little ghosts, goblins, superheroes, and princesses to the second annual Halloween Stroll in Downtown Tempe. This free admission event includes Halloween-inspired crafts, games, trick-or-treating with downtown Tempe businesses, and a costume contest. Don’t forget your loot bag!
Every weekend through October 31st at the Desert Botanical Garden, experience a diverse kaleidoscope of butterflies from the Southwest, and discover the magnificence of the mighty monarch butterfly—from their amazing migration to the plants they need to survive. Find out more here.
Join Valley Metro at this year's luncheon as they honor the 2019 Champions for Clean Air. Register today!
When: Wednesday, October 30, 2019
11 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Where: Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort & Spa
Carvana has multiple job opportunities at their Tempe location, located on Rio Salado Parkway.
|Spruce Up Your Holiday Marketing Plan|
It’s time to start planning for the holidays and end of the year so join the Downtown Tempe Authority, Google and Constant Contact to “Spruce Up Your Holiday Marketing Plan.”
This livestream workshop is TOMORROW from 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. in the Downtown Tempe Community Room. Space is limited. Find more information and register here.
|Here be Dragons - Tonight|
Tonight at 7:30 pm learn about dragon myths, monster maps, and pop culture's enduring fascination with fantastical creatures with Emily Zakara, Ph. D., from PBS online series, Monstrum.
Where: Tempe Center for the Arts
CONSTRUCTION UPDATE WEEK OF October 14, 2019
- 9th Street & 11th Street west of Mill Avenue: Electrical upgrades for traffic signals may cause intermittent turn restrictions/closures. Concrete preparation work for the Overhead Catenary System (OCS) foundations continues. Expect sidewalk/crosswalk detours.
- Apache Blvd from Gammage Curve to Rural Road: Concrete preparation work for the OCS foundations continues, along with electrical upgrades. Traffic will be maintained in both directions. Expect sidewalk/crosswalk detours.
- Apache Blvd east of Rural Road: Track installation and OCS foundation work continues. Traffic maintained in both directions. Expect turn restrictions and possible sidewalk/crosswalk detours.
- Ash Avenue: Crews continue with traffic signal installation and OCS foundation installation along Ash Avenue.
- [UPDATE] Ash Avenue and Rio Salado Parkway intersection: Road widening efforts are ongoing at the Ash Avenue/Rio Salado Parkway intersection in preparation for roundabout construction in early 2020. Starting October 14, expect left turn restrictions from westbound Rio Salado onto southbound Ash Avenue. Click here for more details.
- [NEW] Mill Avenue and Rio Salado Parkway intersection: The Mill Avenue/Rio Salado intersection will be closed from 7 p.m. on October 25 to 5 a.m. on October 28 while crews adjust the grade of the intersection. Click here for more details.
- Rio Salado Parkway: Civil and track installation work is ongoing throughout the corridor. Overnight work will continue near the Marina Heights West intersection, resulting in left turn restrictions during work hours. Click here for more details.
Tempe Chamber of Commerce
1232 E. Broadway Rd. Suite #211
Tempe, AZ 85282