|Lanes Are Selling Quickly!|
Our Military Affairs Committee (MAC) is proud to host its second Stars and Strikes Bowling Fundraiser event. Join us September 11th from 5:30-8 pm for a team building experience for a great cause.
A portion of proceeds will support MAC in its mission to serve as a proactive voice supporting military personnel in the greater Phoenix area. Food, beverages, and shoes are included with a purchase of a lane. Learn more here!
This popular event will sell out quickly so please don't wait to get your tables or seats! Get your seats today!
|Thank You to Our Platinum Partner!|
We want to recognize and thank The City of Tempe for their continued support as a Platinum partner of the Sustainability Pledge program!
The Pledge for a Sustainable Community premise is the value that we are no longer driven by a single bottom line, but a triple bottom line of healthy community, a beautiful natural environment and a strong economy. To read more about the pledge, click here.
Throughout the summer join us to talk Tempe Streetcar construction details and logistics. You bring the questions, we'll bring the info!
When: Tuesday, July 23
4 - 5 p.m.
Where: DTA Community Room
310 S. Mill Avenue (entrance on 3rd Street across from light rail station)
Tempe, AZ 85281
This is a come and go event with no formal presentation.
|Grand Opening of Pure Barre and Free Classes!|
Pure Barre will be opening their new Tempe location this week. They will be offering free classes throughout the week for people to come and try them out. To reserve a spot you can call or text directly at 480-269-3221 or email email@example.com.
Thursday 7/25: 8:30am, 4:30pm, 8pm
Friday 7/26: 11am, 4:30pm
Saturday 7/27: 7:30am, 1:30pm
Sunday 7/28: 7:30am, 1:30pm
|Learn New Trends in Social Media Business Promotion!|
Want to be able to use social media better to promote your business? Join us on Tuesday, July 30th from 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. to learn first-hand about trends in social media and how to stay competitive. The seminar will be held at 310 S. Mill Ave.; r.s.v.p to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Maricopa Community College Presents: Impact Breakfast|
August 7th, Raj Sheelvant shares insights on how to practice mindfulness in the workplace, leading to more productive teams, happier employees, and more effective decision-making. This free event includes breakfast and an opportunity to network with like-minded professionals. RSVP Today!
|Desert Botanical Garden Flashlight Tours|
Every Saturday night until August 31st, take a flashlight tour! All ages will have a blast getting hands-on during this self-guided nocturnal adventure through the Garden. Check out the night blooming plants, animals that come out after-dark plus grab some food and drink and chill out. Find out more!
|Dave & Busters Presents Mysteries of the Mind Magic Show!|
Every Saturday starting at 8 p.m. Mysteries of the Mind is an unforgettable one-hour magic experience featuring Craig Anthony. Masterfully combining his knowledge of body language, persuasion, and human psychology – Craig will read the minds of various audience members, predict the outcome of impossible situations, and even risk serious injury. To register for the show, click here.
|Tempe Streetcar Construction Update|
Construction Update Week Of July 22, 2019
- 9th Street & 11th Street west of Mill Avenue: Electrical upgrades for traffic signals may cause intermittent turn restrictions/closures. Expect sidewalk/crosswalk detours.
- 13th Street & Forest Avenue: Infrastructure work at this corner will be taking place. Expect possible traffic/sidewalk detours.
- Apache Blvd from Gammage Curve to Rural Road: Concrete preparation work for the Overhead Catenary System foundations continues, along with electrical upgrades. Traffic will be maintained in both directions. Expect sidewalk/crosswalk detours.
- Apache Blvd from Rural Road Intersection: Track installation work continues through intersection. Expect turn restrictions and possible sidewalk/crosswalk detours.
- Rio Salado Parkway: Civil work, including landscaping and paver installation, is ongoing throughout the corridor. Sewer line relocation near Marina Heights and SALT also continues.
- Downtown Mill Avenue: Track installation continues along Mill Avenue on schedule. Streetcar stop infrastructure will also be installed. Click here to view the construction notice.
Tempe Chamber of Commerce
1232 E. Broadway Rd. Suite #211
Tempe, AZ 85282